25 August 2007

The New Mini



Shrinky Dinks. They're remarkable, really. $5 for ten 8x10 pages of shrikable magic. For anyone unfamiliar with shrinky-dinks, here's the story. Plastic sheets that you can color/cut any way you want, and then bake for 1-3 minutes. In the oven they reduce to about 1/3 their original size.

Here are some things that we've made recently.


The odd shapes in the middle are Star's very own designs. I think they might make nice pendants. Any takers? Oma Bonnie? We used a hole punch (regular office size) to make the holes in each of the shapes so that they can be strung.

As you can see, we traced my kids' hands and they colored them in. Star on the left and Dandelion on the right. Actually, Dandelion just scribbled all over a page and I traced her hand onto the already-there marks. Star really did color hers in, and if you look really close, you can see that she drew rings on her fingers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look like good pins for a Grandpa Dan to put on his jacket for Primary on Sundays. Do you think Star would separate from any of her work or would she need to produce specific works for Grandpa Dan?

Mary Ann said...

I'm sure she would consider custom work.

Topper said...

So glad to see your back online from your cool crazy summer break. Your blog is where I get my weekly minimum quota of art intellect. I love it!