18 January 2007

Sue Me



One of the things that they tell you you can do with a degree in Art History is pursue a career in Art Law.

I've decided that you'd be better off studying law.

The other day, I came across The Art Law Blog, which is maintained by a NY law firm specializing in copyright, non-profit organizations, media, and art too.

Anyway, just knowing The Art Law Blog is out there is of great comfort to me. For a while, I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of all my favorite artists-getting-sued cases out there, because they raise very interesting questions about authorship, reputation, originality, and so on. Turns out they've got the present pretty well covered.

I suppose I could still compile a list of my favorite historic law suits. And who knows, maybe I will.

No comments: